Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 9...Africa

Once Yacob fell asleep, he was out for the night...Yay!! I slept much better. So grateful my throat pain was much more bearable! We were up at our usual 8:45 for 9:30 breakfast. It was a low key morning with some packing and visiting. I did have a minor breakdown though. I hadn't gotten to Skype or call my kids hardly at all because the connection was not working well and because of the time zone. But, I remembered it would just be a couple more days until I would have them in my arms.

It's funny, when I read the journal entry for this day I didn't have anything written down about the coffee factory tour. I must have been so tired that night that I forgot to journal it. I do remember that it was a really neat tour!! Coffee originates from Ethiopia. Soooo cool!! They can make a mean macchiato (sp?) too!!! It was really neat seeing all of the beautiful Ethiopian women hand sorting the coffee beans. What patience!! And, the aroma...Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!























We got Yacob's visa and said goodbye to about half of the families who headed out that afternoon for the airport.

Later that afternoon the Johnsons picked us up for dinner to celebrate Tracey and Andrea's birthday at a restaurant called "The Family Restaurant". We even stopped at a real grocery store on the way.
Crazy enough, the restaurant was Tex_Mex food. I even got a real, yummilicious margarita! We ended the evening with Mezeret's homemade chocolate birthday cake! It was DELICIOUS!!
We got to take a few pictures and say our thank yous and goodbyes to the Johnsons.







This night Yacob fell asleep easily! I took some great advice from one of the mom's and gave him the last bit of his bottle in the bed. He was out for another "all nighter" of sleep, that is! :)

No comments: