We've been doing "first day of school" for six years now and I still get that lump in my throat feeling. It takes some adjustment for me to go from seeing my kids 24/7 to maybe 4 hours a day during the week. And these hours are now filled with gymnastics, swim, getting ready for school and bed, homework, chores etc. But, truthfully, I also really enjoy the time I have to get things done when they are gone during the day. I am not a multi-tasker, so I don't think well unless I have quiet! Crazy for a mom of four, I know but necessary during my busy season!
I just know that I am going to blink and we'll be sending Madison to high school, or Sam will be heading to Kindergarten. I know there is a season for everything, but I really love this season with my kids. We have our normal sibling rivalry and crazy behavior days, but I still have them under my wing and I can hug and kiss them all I want! So, I will do my best to savor the time I have with these four precious little ones!! Here's to another year of the life God has planned for you! I pray your lights will shine for Him and your hearts will be full of His love and grace for others!!
My at home buddy...
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
My sweet, precious, funny and most adorable Max! I can't believe you are five! It has been five years of blessings and joy!! Here are five special things about you!!
1. You approach everything with a positive, can do attitude.
2. You like to be silly and make others laugh at your silliness.
3. You hold Sam's hand almost every time we're in the car. I think you reach for his hand without even thinking...it is just a part of an inner need to care for him.
4. You have a very special bond with your daddy. Your world is not right if you have to miss out on your nightly read, tickle and race to the bed routine.
5. You are definitely a rambunctious boy, but you have a very strong sensitive and nurturing side. You don't just hug me goodnight, you plop down in my lap and hold my hand and often kiss me over and over.