Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Another First Day...

We've been doing "first day of school" for six years now and I still get that lump in my throat feeling. It takes some adjustment for me to go from seeing my kids 24/7 to maybe 4 hours a day during the week. And these hours are now filled with gymnastics, swim, getting ready for school and bed, homework, chores etc. But, truthfully, I also really enjoy the time I have to get things done when they are gone during the day. I am not a multi-tasker, so I don't think well unless I have quiet! Crazy for a mom of four, I know but necessary during my busy season!

I just know that I am going to blink and we'll be sending Madison to high school, or Sam will be heading to Kindergarten. I know there is a season for everything, but I really love this season with my kids. We have our normal sibling rivalry and crazy behavior days, but I still have them under my wing and I can hug and kiss them all I want! So, I will do my best to savor the time I have with these four precious little ones!! Here's to another year of the life God has planned for you! I pray your lights will shine for Him and your hearts will be full of His love and grace for others!!

My at home buddy...







1 comment:

emily said...

You didn't post the waiting in the carpool line pic!!