Wednesday, January 6, 2010

***I've been keeping a monthly journal on a website called www.aboutmybaby.com. Well, they are closing after this year, so I thought I need to just keep up with my entries on this blog instead. Here is what I posted today!

Madison:
Ten...is it true? My oldest has been here a full decade????? It can't be!!! You are a beautiful, kind, loving, smart and compassionate young lady! You make the world brighter and positively effect everyone you come in contact with! God gave you so many wonderful gifts and it is such an amazing experience to watch you use them to love others!!
As we begin the second semester of Madison's 5th grade year, she is still in swimming, but we may be switching to gymnastics soon...we'll see!
Madison is getting excited/nervous to travel with us to Ethiopia to get her brother, Sam, hopefully at the end of this month. I know it will be an amazing experience for her! She is making tie blankets (fleece squares you tie together) to take the the orphanage and transition home to donate! She loves to give and it inspires me! I don't think I've ever met a more selfless person!

Abby:
You are more joyful by the day. You also have a very tender heart. You might get in trouble often because your little adventurous heart just HAS to try new and exciting things, but your sincere and joyful spirit reins in your life! I just love you to pieces. You keep life exciting and fun!!!
Abby is thriving in gymnastics. She just moved up a level and is soooo limber. I find her sleeping in all sorts of contortions at night. She is the most excited about bringing her baby brother home. She is a little mommy for sure and I know will be a huge help!!

Max:
You hold the key to my giggle box. Oh, how you make me laugh! You are so silly and so very laid back. Life is just a bowl of cherries for you and you keep our home light and cheerful! You still talk with a lisp and it is the cutest thing ever!!! You LOVE spiderman and trains and happily play alone or with others!!! I need to take lessons on how to just relax and enjoy life from you! I love you so much my precious little man.
Max is loving his preK class at St. John. He frequently forgets his classmates names but boy does he love them. He yells with excitement any time he sees them outside of class, even in the parking lot on the way home when he's just been with them all day. He is loved by his teacher and, of course, anyone he comes in contact with. How could you not just eat those dimples up!

Sam:
Sweet, sweet baby. We are so close to holding you in our arms, to smelling your sweet baby smell and hearing your sweet little voice. Getting new pictures of you brings a flurry of excitement to our home. Oh, how we long to have you home!!! We feel very disjointed and unsettled knowing a part of our family is on another continent! But, we trust in God's perfect timing and know that you will soon be home where you belong!!! We love you precious little one!!!

No comments: